COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
Our client is a large and international company active in the commercial real estate services.
- To deliver comprehensive commercial property management services to a broad property portfolio in Asset Services.
- The Commercial Property Manager is responsible for the commercial management of properties in the portfolio inaccordance with the Management Agreements.
- The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property.
- The Commercial Property Manager handles tenant complaints and service requests, and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases.
- The Commercial Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget, reporting and financial performance of the property.
- The Commercial Property Manager is charged with supporting management’s efforts in the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive responses to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs in coordination and conjunction with the Owner’s
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES :
Clients & Business Development :
- Leverage and own the combined property management service to clients.
- Proactively seek ways to create value for the client’s portfolio.
- Influence, collaborate and communicate internally with other team members (i.e. Technical Manager, Client Finance Manager etc.) to maximise internal understanding of potential and current business opportunities.
- Liaise with client and third-party stakeholders and organizations in the best interest of the client and the company.
- Adopt a client centric working relationship approach to comply with agreed service level agreements for clients and internal processes.
- Gather and act on client feedback.
- Maintain strong industry knowledge.
- Develop external network for business pipeline/opportunities.
- Build a deep understanding of the commercial property industry and current practices/trends.
Day to day business :
- Tenant relationship management – provide excellent tenant service and respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
- Property inspections – conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with administering tenant occupancy including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures.
- Assist the Technical Property Manager with establishment of the Property Management Plan, Preventative Maintenance Policies and Procedures and Property Operations Manual.
- Assist in the production of monthly and annual reports, responsible for the commercial report and benchmarking.
- Prepare of commercial budgets.
- Maintain contact and other databases for company.
- Landlord representation to officials, tenants and contractors.
- Management of legal and insurance matters.
- Aid in the production of departmental reports (e.g. business plans, financial statements, RFPs).
- Coordinate tenant move-ins and move-outs.
- Sort, code and ensure accuracy and compliance with contracts of all property related invoices.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, on-site off-site meetings and conference calls.
- Collect and organize all property information in a format for quick reference.
- Detailed verification of all invoice amounts and information with approved Service Orders or Contracts.
- Ensure proper property coding on invoices.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist accounting with questions related to the property and resolution of vendor issues.
- Management of service charges and optimisation of operational expenses.
Operations and Risk :
- Ensure work complies with firm procedures and guidelines (health & safety, quality, risk, professional code of conduct, etc.)
Profits & Finance :
- Generate revenues by proactive identification, implementation and flexibility in client portfolio structure recommendations
- Contribute to driving overall departmental salesforce/billing/profit targets
People and Teams :
- Champion effective property risk management and compliance
- Proactively manage internal relationships with TPM, Client Finance and senior management
- Work collaboratively to share best practice with peer group(s) and other service departments
- Be familiar with the company's corporate structure and seeks to develop internal networks